Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Leg 4: Erie, KS to Amarillo, Tx

Today started off with Ian waking up at the crack of dawn to get in some final drives of the golf cart.  Then, Baby decided to put on some dog perfume - something foul. He showered with me. Ian did not want to leave at all. I agree - he belongs there.

Oh - SUPER hot day!! 

National Rod and Custom Car Hall of Fame

First stop was a little more than 1 hour into the trip: Darryl Starbird's National Rod and Custom Car Hall of Fame, in Afton, Oklahoma.  http://www.darrylstarbird.com/
They were kind enough to let us bring Baby in with us. It was a dream for Ian!  I have to agree - the cars were really cool. I was very impressed with the way Ian left agreeably, even though he could have spent hours there. I was also very impressed with Evelyn's patience and all the interest she showed! Great job kids. You both got rewards!









2 comments:

  1. Kudos to you, Lynn! What a wonderful experience, but not easily done I am sure. Ian and Evelyn will remember this forever. xoxo to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerome, AZ is something else, sooooo steep!
    xoxo Janette

    ReplyDelete